Volunteer with Crimson Coast Dance!
Do you enjoy the arts? Would you like to work alongside energetic passionate people who are committed to infusing Nanaimo with vibrant and meaningful dance experiences? Then volunteering for Crimson Coast Dance Society, now in it’s 22nd year, is for you!
Crimson Coast Dance Society is a registered, non-profit, charitable organization, based in Nanaimo, whose purpose is to develop and support contemporary dance productions and educational opportunities at all levels within the Central Vancouver Island Region.
If you have a background or familiarity in one or more of the following: bookkeeping, fundraising, hospitality, marketing, education, communications, sales, dance, theatre, design, music, photography, visual & graphic art, not-for-profit sector, etc. then Crimson Coast has an opportunity for you to contribute greatly! AND for you to benefit with complimentary tickets to productions, dinners/receptions with visiting artists, pre-show experiences, and dynamic interaction with dynamic supporters of the arts!
The volunteer opportunities with Crimson Coast Dance includes:
- Edgy and acclaimed MAINSTAGE presentations at the Port and Malaspina Theatres
- Nanaimo’s Whisk(e)y Festival, and our biggest fundraiser of the year: The Wee Tipple Party
- UNUSUAL dance in UNUSUAL spaces (ie. Parks, Art Galleries, Roof Tops, etc.)
- The life changing BODY TALK program with Hip Hop Pow Wow for YOUTH
- Our newly introduced mixed-ability DANCE JAM workshops
- Vancouver Island’s largest dance festival: The InFrinGinG Dance Festival