We are hiring.
Posting – February 2020
ORGANIZATION AND DESCRIPTION: Crimson Coast Dance is a non-profit Society celebrating over 22 years of developing and supporting contemporary dance creations, productions, performances, and educational opportunities at both grass roots and professional levels in Central Vancouver Island. The organization has an active Board of Directors, committed public sector support, and an office at the Centre for the Arts in downtown Nanaimo. To view our innovative season programs visit: www.crimsoncoastdance.org
JOB DESCRIPTION CCDS strives for new ways to engage diverse communities and cultural backgrounds. We are seeking a dynamic General Manager to lead us into our next phase, building on our society’s mission of cultivating artists and audiences to facilitate the next level of dance growth in the community. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
You are a dedicated, not-for-profit arts leader and desire to develop an engaged dance audience. You work well in a fast-paced environment, are passionate for contemporary and cultural dance genre, and skilled at building and maintaining relationships with community, dance companies, performing artists and funders. Knowledge of the Canadian dance milieu is desirable.
Working in partnership with the Board of Directors and the Artistic Director/Curator (AD), the chief responsibilities of the General Manager will be: to implement the artistic vision of the society, to ensure the financial integrity and sustainability of the organization, and to foster a culture of openness and collaboration.
CCDS is open to creative approaches toward the development of infrastructure systems required by our organization at this point in its growth. The contract salary is $30,000 annually. Hours will be negotiated based on skill set and breadth of work.
● Prepare and submit grants and reports.
● Identify and pursue funding opportunities available to the organization to achieve annual financial goals, including private foundations, donor campaigns, corporate sponsorship through a development program.
● Work with the Board of Directors and AD to support special fundraising events.
● Ensure proper stewardship of current donors and sponsors
● Work with AD to create community engagement opportunities that build and develop audience and awareness of the organization and its activities.
● Manage and participate in the ongoing operational needs and the legal and financial obligations of the society – report filing, insurance (board, office, and programming), non-profit procedures and
February 4, 2020 GM Posting Draft/la
office operations (rental agreements, invoices)
● Establish a positive, healthy, safe work environment which honours diversity and people engagement
Work in collaboration with the AD to oversee the following:
• Create a timely marketing strategy and delineate duties specific to the overall season and to each event (identify target audience & sponsors, ad placement)
• Coordinate and work with graphic designer, website designer & publicist
Experience in performing arts management or presentation Strong budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting Ability to manage staff and volunteers Experience in grant writing, reporting and fundraising Ability to develop and implement strategic plan Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with board, staff and individuals or teams within the organization and community Excellent verbal and written communication skills Knowledge of BC Society’s Act and Charity Law would be an asset Valid Driver’s license and access to a vehicle when required Experience with and interest in digital business technologies and strategy development
Closing date: Feb. 26, 2020 Please send Resume – CV to firstname.lastname@example.org