PRODUCTION ASSISTANT (Summer Student)
Temporary/Full-Time: 30 hours per week for 16 weeks, from May – August, 2018
Application deadline: Midnight, May 4th 2018.
The position of Production Assistant will provide the chosen candidate with hands-on experience developing both event production and coordination skills as it pertains to the not-for-profit, performing arts sector. The Production Assistant will gain skills in event planning and procedures in preparation for a major performing arts festival.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The Production Assistant works in close partnership with the Artistic Director, General Manager, Production Coordinator, and the Board to assist in the production of our 2018 InFrinGinG Dance Festival, including pre-event publicity & marketing and post-event reporting & record-keeping. Reporting to the Production Coordinator, the Production Assistant is expected to undertake:
- Production Assistance; including front-of-house coordination, and pre/post-event coordination. - Artist Hospitality; ensuring that all travel, transportation, and accommodation arrangements remain current, including providing information of local amenities and directions to festival events.
- Marketing & Publicity; assisting the contracted publicist with marketing and communication of the InFrinGinG Dance Festival; including Facebook, Instagram and other regular social media posts, compiling and sending of bi-weekly promotional e-newsletters, and coordination of outreach. Ensuring that membership and Society information tables are present and displayed prominently at all festival performances.
- Coordinate and manage a “Tent Museum” display on site with artifacts of various cultures represented through dance and images and items depicting the creation of the dances shown. - Proofreading, editing, and updating event information on the organization website. - Volunteer Coordination; assigning appropriate roles to volunteers for front-of-house, workshops, and other festival volunteer positions; keeping a record of hours and tasks completed; and maintaining relationships with all volunteers.
- Corporate Sponsor Stewardship; ensuring that all corporate sponsors receive exceptional representation during the InFrinGinG Dance Festival and that sponsorship benefits are fulfilled for all sponsors according to their respective funding levels.
- Administrative; Preparation of documents in relation to the InFrinGinG Dance Festival with emphasis on adhering to our brand standards.
- Preparing registration and attendance sheets for dance classes and workshops.
- Preparing mail merge letters for bulk mailings to members and patrons.
- Maintaining a record of all festival events and meetings in the office master calendar. - Post-event follow-up and reporting. Preparing reports and communications, updating our database records to reflect event attendance, tracking and final reporting of event statistics (audience attendance, workshop registrations, etc.).
- Sending out thank-you letters to stakeholders, as necessary post-festival to ensure that all statistics and information is accurately recorded for future purposes.
Qualifications & Skills Required
- The Production Assistant will use a variety of communication and contact management programs, including website maintenance, CMS database systems, mail merge procedures, and e-newsletter software.
- A strong attention to detail and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Gmail is required.
- Experience with social media sites (Facebook, Instagram), e-newsletter software such as MailChimp, and website maintenance is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, thrives in teamwork and with the ability to take directions, clear communication skills, enjoys multi-tasking, works through a positive attitude.
- This position is open to a student in an accredited post-secondary education program who will be returning to their studies in September 2018.
Please submit résumé and cover letter to Bryony Dixon at: firstname.lastname@example.org